Scholarships and Financial Aid
All 2017 entering freshmen are encouraged to apply for university-wide scholarships. For more information and application, visit the scholarship office.
Current undergraduates, graduates, and new transfers can apply for College of Engineering scholarships now using the University of Arkansas universal scholarship application. This application will be used for college level scholarships and departmental scholarships in the College of Engineering. When prompted, please complete all College of Engineering related questions. Also, it is strongly encouraged for students who wish to be considered for financial need scholarships, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible.
Applications can be submitted starting January 1, 2017 thru February 15, 2017. All opportunities will close at 11:50 PM on February 15th.
- Please add email@example.com to your e-mail address book, as some e-mail servers will block this address. The AcademicWorks system will send emails from this email address, please check your spam\junk folder if you are not receiving them.
- You will need one letter of recommendation (not required for incoming transfer students). It is highly recommended that you submit your recommendation request on the General Application early so that your recommender will have time to prepare your recommendation. You will be able to go back into the AcademicWorks system and update your General Application if you are not ready to fully submit it at that time. Please provide the name and email address of your recommender when prompted on the application. Contact your recommender in advance and let them know that they will receive an automated email from the Academic Scholarship Office firstname.lastname@example.org asking them to submit their recommendation online directly into the application system. The recommendation must be from a faculty member, teaching assistant or academic advisor from the University of Arkansas that can speak to your academic abilities and potential. Letters from individuals that do not meet this requirement, such as work place supervisors, resident assistants, or individuals not associated with the University are strongly discouraged and may not be considered. All recommendations must be submitted online no later than 11:59 PM on Monday, February 20, 2017.
- Prepare a current academic résumé (approximately 2-3 pages; your résumé must be formatted as a .doc .docx or .pdf document) that includes out-of-classroom activities that you have participated in during your college career, demonstrating contributions to the University of Arkansas, northwest Arkansas, or your hometown communities. The academic résumé is used to place your GPA into a broader context. Please read the Tips for Creating a Résumé for guidance on preparing your academic résumé as well as reviewing a suggested format here. Only include relevant high school information that would support your work or continued history of service during your college career.
- Compose an essay (approximately two pages; there are no style requirements; your essay must be formatted as a .doc .docx or .pdf document) on the following topic: Eleanor Roosevelt once said “One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.” What interests have come to you during your academic career, and how will they carry with you after your graduation from the University of Arkansas?
- All pieces of the scholarship application will be submitted online unless specifically noted.