Mathematical modeling of stochastic systems with an emphasis on statistical and decision analysis as applied to health care, manufacturing and other service environments.
- Engineering Applications of Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Decision Analysis in Health Care
- Quality Engineering and Management
- B.M., Management Science, Fudan University
- M.I.E., Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University
- Zhang, S., and Ivy, J., Analytic Modeling of Breast Cancer Spontaneous Regression. In Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, FL, 2012.
- Zhang, S., Payton, F., and Ivy, J., Understanding the Role of Mental Disorders on HIV Patient Outcomes. In Proceedings of the 6th INFORMS Workshop on Data Mining and Health Informatics, Charlotte, NC, November 2011.
- Zhang, S., Ivy, J., Payton, F., and Diehl, K., Modeling the Impact of Comorbidity on Breast Cancer Patient Outcomes. Health Care Management Science 2010; 13:137-54.
- Zhang, S., Ivy, J., and Diehl, K., Understanding the Risks of Progressive Disease, Poster Presentation, Health and Humanitarian Logistics Conference, Atlanta, GA, 2010.
- Zhang, S., Payton, F., and Ivy, J., Characterizing the Role of Mental Disorder in Comorbid HIV Patient Outcomes. Under review. IIE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering.