Roy Mc Cann received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, in 1991, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Dayton in 2001. He joined the Faculty of the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Arkansas in 2003 and is presently a Professor with research in the design and control of electrical machinery and power systems.
- Machine learning and adpative control of electric power systems
- Cyber-physical systems and optimal control
- Electric machinery and motor drives
ELEG 4403/5403 Control Systems
ELEG 3304 Energy Systems
ELEG 4513/5513 Power Systems Analysis
ELEG 5423 Optimal Control Systems
ELEG 5443 Nonlinear Systems and Control
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana
- Ph.D., University of Dayton
- B. M. Alharbi, M. A. Alhomim and R. A. McCann, "An Efficient High Voltage Gain Using Two-Stage Cascaded Interleaved Boost Converter for Solar PV System with MPPT Technique," 2020 IEEE Power & Energy Society Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), Washington, DC, USA, 2020.
- H. Albunashee et al., "A Testbed for Detecting False Data Injection Attacks in Systems with Distributed Energy Resources," in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 2020.
- B. M. Alharbi, M. A. Alhomim and R. A. McCann, "A High Voltage Ratio Three-stage Cascaded Interleaved Boost Converters for PV Application," 2020 IEEE Power and Energy Conference at Illinois (PECI), Champaign, IL, USA, 2020.
- B. M. Alharbi, M. A. Alhomim and R. A. McCann, "Design and Simulation of Multi-phase Multi-stage Interleaved Boost Converters for Photovoltaic Application," 2020 IEEE Texas Power and Energy Conference (TPEC), College Station, TX, USA, 2020.
- D. Bowman, D. Ramasubramanian, R. McCann, E. Farantatos, A. Gaikwad, J. Caspary, “SPP Grid Strength Study with High Inverter-Based Resource Penetration,” 51st North American Power Symposium, Wichita KS, Oct. 13-15, 2019.
- H. Albunashee and R. McCann, “DER Coordination Strategy for Volt/VAR Control using IEC61850 GOOSE Protocol,” 51st North American Power Symposium, Wichita KS, Oct. 13-15, 2019.
- H. Mhiesan, R. McCann, C. Farnell and A.M. Mantooth, “Novel Circuit and Method for Fault Reconfiguration in Cascaded H-Bridge Multilevel Inverters,” 2019 IEEE Applied Power Electronics and Exposition (APEC), Anaheim CA, 2019, pp. 1800-1804.
- M. Al-Sarray, R. McCann, “Modified H2 Control Method for Interconnected Power Systems with Automatic Generation Control,” IFAC Workshop on Control of Smart Grid and Renewable Energy Systems (CSGRES), Jeju Korea, June 10-11, 2019.
- B. Alharbi, M. Alhomin , R. McCann, “Robust control of dc-dc boost converter by using µ-synthesis approach,” IFAC Workshop on Control of Smart Grid and Renewable Energy Systems (CSGRES), Jeju Korea, June 10-11, 2019.
- H. Al-Bunashee, R. McCann, “State Estimation and Real-Time Cyber Secure Power Factor Correction for Utility-Scale DERs” IEEE 4th Workshop on Power Electronics and Power Quality Applications (PEPQA), Manizales CO, May 30-31, 2019.
- S. Arias-Guzman, A.J. Ustariz-Farfan, E.A. Cano-Plata, R. McCann, “Frequency and Voltage Computation on Protection Settings in Renewable Resources” IEEE 4th Workshop on Power Electronics and Power Quality Applications (PEPQA), Manizales CO, May 30-31, 2019.
- M. Al-Sarray, R. McCann, “H2 Control Approach for Automatic Generation Control with Solar Energy under BAL-003-1 Standard,” IEEE Green Technologies Conference, Lafayette LA, April 3-6, 2019.
- K. Alharbi, R. McCann, Non-Overparametrized Adaptive Backstepping Control of PWM DC-DC Non-Inverting Buck-Boost Power Converter,” IEEE Green Technologies Conference, Lafayette LA, April 3-6, 2019.
- H. Al-Bunashee, C. Farnell and R. A. McCann, “A Machine Learning Approach for False Data Attack Detection in Distribution SCADA Networks,” Presented at the 2019 DistributTech Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, Feb 5-7, 2019.