College of Engineering
(CSCE)-Computer Science & Computer Engineering
Yarui Peng (Curriculum Vitae) received the B.S. degree from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China in 2012. He earned his M.S. and Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering with a minor in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA in 2014 and 2016, respectively. He joined the Department of Computer Science and Computer Engineering at the University of Arkansas as an assistant professor in Jan. 2017. He also works in the NSF sponsored Engineering Research Center for Power Optimization of Electro-Thermal Systems (POETS-erc.org).
His research interests are in the areas of computer-aided design, analysis, and optimization for VLSI circuits and emerging technologies, such as 2.5D and 3D ICs, high band-gap power electronics and systems, and high-efficiency digital designs and memory systems. He developed methodologies and algorithms for parasitic extraction, analysis and optimization for signal integrity, and alleviating reliability issues in thermal and power delivery in 2.5D and 3D ICs. He is also working on improving electro-thermal reliability in power systems such as multi-chip power modules (MCPMs) by performing MCPM layout synthesis and simultaneously optimizing heat dissipation and electrical performance.
Dr. Peng directs Energy-Efficient Electronics and Design Automation (E3DA) Lab. More information about his research group and research assistantship opportunities can be found on the E3DA Lab website.
To view our research projects, visit https://e3da.csce.uark.edu/research/.
- Design Automation for Emerging Technologies
- Physical and CAD Design of VLSI Circuits
- 2.5D and 3D IC, Memory and Packaging
- High-Efficiency Power Electronics and Systems
- Parasitic Extraction and Signal Integrity
- Power and Thermal Reliability
- Computer-Aided Design
- VLSI Integrated Circuit Design
- Digital Circuit and System Design
- Computer Architecture
- Algorithm and Data Structure
For course information and resources, visit https://e3da.csce.uark.edu/teaching/ and use your Uark account to login.
CSCE2114: Digital Design
CSCE5914/4914: Advanced Digital Design
CSCE5013: Design Automation of VLSI Circuits and Systems
- B.S., Microelectronic Engineering, 2012, Tsinghua University
- M.S., Electrical & Computer Engineering, 2014, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Ph.D., Electrical & Computer Engineering, 2016, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Best paper award in EDAPS 17
- Best student paper award in ICPT 16
- Best-in-session award in SRC TECHCON 14