Associate Professor - ENGR
College of Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Microbiology
- Wastewater Treatment
- Biofilm Physiology
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 2011
- M.S., University of Kansas, 2008
- B.S., Tongji University, 2006
- Walden, C., Carbonero, F., Zhang, W. 2017, “Assessing Impacts of DNA Extraction Methods on Next Generation Sequencing of Water and Wastewater Samples”, Journal of Microbiological Methods, 141, 10-16.
- Maharjan, P., Huff, G., Zhang, W., Watkins, S. 2017, “Effect of Chlorine Treatment on Inhibition of E. Coli Serogroup O2 Incorporation into 7-day Old Biofilm on Polyvinylchloride Surface”, Poultry Science, 96 (8), 2862-2870.
- Maharjan, P., Huff, G., Zhang, W., Watkins, S. 2017, “Effects of Chlorine and Hydrogen Peroxide Sanitation in Low Bacterial Content Water on Biofilm Formation Model of Poultry Brooding House Waterlines”, Poultry Science, 96 (7), 2145-2150, 2017.
- Walden, C., Carbonero, F., Zhang, W., 2016. “Preliminary Assessment of Bacterial Community Change Impacted by Chlorine Dioxide in a Water Treatment Plant”, Journal of Environmental Engineering, 142 (2), 04015077.
- Walden, C., Zhang, W., 2016. “Biofilms Versus Activated Sludge: Considerations in Metal and Metal Oxide Nanoparticle Removal from Wastewater”, Environmental Science & Technology, 50 (16), 8417–8431.