Michelle Lee Barry
College of Engineering
- Multi-scale granular material behavior
- Experimentally validated discrete element method (DEM) models
- Laboratory testing of granular material
- Granular soil behavior in multi-directional simple shear
- Applications of engineering in Historic Preservation Practice
- Soil Mechanics (Undergraduate)
- Numerical Modeling in Geotechnical Engineering (Graduate)
- Soil Dynamics (Graduate)
- Ph.D Texas A&M University (2013)
- M.S. Texas A&M University (2009)
- B.S. Texas A&M University (2008)
- Bernhardt, M.L., O’Sullivan, C., and Biscontin, G. “Macro- and Micro-scale Effects of Sample Preparation Methods in DEM Simulations.” (In preparation)
- Bernhardt, M.L., Briaud, J.L., Kim, D., Leclair, M., Storesund, R., Lim, S.G., Bea, G.R., Rogers, J.D. (2011). “Mississippi River Levee Failures: June 2008 Flood." International Journal of Geoengineering Case Histories,http://casehistories.geoengineer.org/, Vol.2, Issue 3, p. 127-162. doi: 10.4417/IJGCH-02-02-03.
- Bernhardt, M.L. and Biscontin, G. “Design of a Sample Preparation Device for Direct Simple Shear Testing.” (In preparation)
- Bernhardt, M.L., Biscontin, G., O’Sullivan, C. (2014) “3D Discrete Element Method Simulations of a Laminar Simple Shear Device.” (Accepted and to be presented in March 2014)
- Warden, R.B., Bernhardt, M.L. (2013) “Existential Resonance of Engineering and Historic Preservation.” Proceedings of the ASCE Texas Section 2013 Centennial Conference, Corpus Christi, TX.
- Bernhardt, M.L., O’Sullivan, C., Biscontin, G. (2012). “Macro- and Micro-scale Effects of Pluviation Based Sample Preparation in DEM.” Proceedings of Geo-Congress 2012, Oakland, CA.
- Bernhardt, M.L., Bea G.R., Briaud J.L., Franken D., Govindsamy A., Lim S.G.,Kim, D., Leclair, M., Hempen,G., Maerz, N.H., Rogers, J.D., Storesund, R., Watkins, C. (2009). "2008 Midwest Levee Performance Investigation: Summary of Erosion and Index Testing," Proceedings of 2009 NSF Engineering Research and Innovation Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii.