- Nutrient Removal from Waterbodies
- Watershed Improvement
- Repairing Eutrophic Reservoirs
- Sediment Oxygen Demand Spreadsheet Model - Steady State - Transient - Instructions
- Biological Engineering Applied to Human Health Energy and mass transfer
- Biochemical kinetics and engineering design in biological systems related to human health including applications in medical, ecological, and pharamceutical/ nutritional systems
- B.S., Agricultural Engineering, University of Kentucky
- M.S., Agricultural Engineering, University of Kentucky
- Ph.D., Biological and Agricultural Engineering, North Carolina State University
- Matlock, M. D., G. S. Osborn, W. C. Hession, A. L. Kenimer, and D. E. Storm. 2001. Ecological engineering: a rationale for standardized curriculum and professional certification in the United States. Ecological Engineering: The Journal of Ecotechnology. 17(4):403-409.
- Osborn, G. S., R. E. Lacey, J. A. Singleton. 2001. A method to detect peanut off-flavors using an electronic nose. Transactions of the ASAE. 44(4):929-938.
- Osborn, G. S., R. E. Lacey, J. A. Singleton. 2001. Non-destructive detection of peanut off-flavors using an electronic nose. Transactions of the ASAE. 44(4):939-944.
- Matlock M., K. Kasprzak, and S. Osborn. 2003. Potential Sediment Oxygen Demand in the Arroyo Colorado River in South Texas. J. American Water Resources Association. 39(2):267-275
- Matlock, M.D., Kasprzak, K.R., and G.S. Osborn. 2004. Reply to Discussion – “Sediment Oxygen Demand in the Arroyo Colorado River”. J. Am. Water Resources Assoc., 40(1):266.
- Charbonnet, D. G.S. Osborn, P.K. Haan, M.D. Matlock. 2006. Application and Validation of the Spreadsheet Method for Determining SOD. Transactions ASABE, 49(6):2039-2050.
- Osborn, G. S., D. Charbonnet, P.K. Haan, M.D. Matlock. 2007. A Spreadsheet Method for Determining SOD from Simple Field Measurements. Trans. ASABE. Accepted pending revisions.
- Osborn, G.S., M.D. Matlock, S. Teltschik. 2005. System and Method for Dissolving Gases in Liquids. Appl. No. 11/137,856. US Patent and International PCT. Notice of allowance 7/07.
- Osborn, G.S., M.D. Matlock, S. Teltschik. 2006. System and Method for Delivery of Dissolved Gases. Appl. No. PCT /US06/020391. Addition of process information. Addition to US Patent Application 11/137,856 and Additional material International PCT application.
- Process Engineer, Grain Systems Inc., Assumption, IL 1984-1985
- Engineer, Kellogg Company, Battle Creek, MI 1988-1989
- Assistant Professor, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 1994-1996
- Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 1996-2001
- Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 2001-2007
- Chief Technology Officer, BlueInGreen, LLC (Start-up company), Fayetteville, AR 2004-
- Associate Professor, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 2007-
- Best Teacher in department named by students, 1995
- Outstanding Student Club Advisor named by students, 1996
- Named Montague Scholar, College of Agriculture and Life Science, 2000.
- Inducted into TAMU Center for Teaching Excellence, 2000.
- Named Ford Design Fellow by Dwight Look College of Engineering to implement engineering design across the College of Engineering curriculum, 2001.
- Named best teacher by BENG students, 2004.
- Outstanding Service to Students Award for BAEG Department, 2004.
- Outstanding Student Mentor, 2004, 2005
- BAEG Department Outstanding Teacher, 2006.