College of Engineering
Before coming to the University of Arkansas, Dr. Nurre was an Assistant Professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology.
Her research and interests include (i) network optimization, (ii) scheduling, (iii) multi-criteria optimization, and (iv) heuristics. The applications of her research include infrastructure restoration, humanitarian supply chains and logistics, electric vehicles, military aircraft routing, and community food banks.
- Network Optimization
- Integer Programming
- Heuristics and Optimization Algorithms
- Multicriteria Optimization
- Infrastructure Restoration
- Electric Vehicle Swap Station
- Integration Humanitarian Logistics
- Military Aircraft Routing
- Foodbank Compliance Routing
- Freight Parking Utilization
INEG 5613 Introduction to Optimization Theory INEG 3613 Introduction to Operations Research
B.S. Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2007
M.Eng. Industrial and Management Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2011
Ph.D. Decision Sciences and Engineering Systems, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2013
- R.S. Widrick, S.G. Nurre, and M.J. Robbins. Optimal Policies for the Management of an Electric Vehicle Battery Swap Station. Forthcoming in Transportation Science.
- T.C. Sharkey and S.G. Nurre. Video Tutorials within an Undergraduate Operations Research Course: Student Perception on Their Integration and Creating A Blended Learning Environment. Forthcoming in INFORMS Transactions on Education.
- T.C. Sharkey, S.G. Nurre, H. Nguyen, J.H. Chow, J.E. Mitchell, and W.A. Wallace. Identification and Classification of Restoration Interdependencies in the Wake of Hurricane Sandy. Forthcoming in Journal of Infrastructure Systems.
- T.E. Kannon, S.G. Nurre, B. J. Lunday, and R.R. Hill. The Aircraft Routing Problem with Refueling. Optimization Letters, 9(8), pp.1609-1624, December 2015.
- S.G. Nurre and T.C. Sharkey. Integrated network design and scheduling problems with parallel identical machines: Complexity results and dispatching rules. Networks, 63(4), pp. 306-326, July 2014.
- S.G. Nurre, R. Bent, F. Pan, T.C. Sharkey. Managing Operations of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) Exchange Stations for use with a Smart Grid. Energy Policy, 67, pp. 364-377, April 2014.
- S.G. Nurre, B. Cavdaroglu, J.E. Mitchell, T.C. Sharkey, and W.A. Wallace. Restoring infrastructure systems: An integrated network design and scheduling problem. European Journal of Operational Research, 223(3), pp. 794-806, December 2012.
- S.G. Nurre, T.C. Sharkey, and J.E. Mitchell. Increasing the Resiliency of Local Supply Chain Distribution Networks against Multiple Hazards. Book Chapter. Supply Chain Management and Logistics: Innovative Strategies and Practical Solutions. Published by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- ISERC Best Paper Award, Homeland Security Track, 2014 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Montreal, Canada, May 2014.
- The Del and Ruth Karger Dissertation Prize for Outstanding DSES Thesis, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, March 2014.
- Sandia National Laboratories and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) Excellence in Engineering Research Fellowship, August 2011 - May 2013.
- RPI Founder's Award of Excellence, October 2010.
- Chauncey and Doris Starr Fellowship, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, August 2009 - August 2010.