College of Engineering
Dr. Kelly Sullivan's research interests center on the design of critical systems whose disruption poses a threat to homeland security. His work focuses on advancing relevant knowledge in the areas of network optimization, interdiction, reliability, and integer programming.
He obtained his Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the University of Florida in 2012. He teaches courses in network optimization, operations research, and probability and statistics
- Network Optimization and Interdiction
- Integer Programming
- Large-Scale Optimization
- Robust Optimization
- Defense Applications
- Optimization in Sports
INEG 2313: Applied Probability and Statistics for Engineers I
INEG 3613: Introduction to Operations Research
INEG 6313: Network Optimization
- B.S. Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas (December 2006)
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas (August 2008)
- Ph.D. Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida (August 2012)
- Sullivan, K.M., J.C. Smith, and D.P. Morton. Convex Hull Representation of the Deterministic Bipartite Network Interdiction Problem. Mathematical Programming, 145(1-2), 349-376, 2014.
- Sullivan, K.M., D.P. Morton, F. Pan, and J.C. Smith. Securing a Border Under Asymmetric Information. Naval Research Logistics, 61(2), 91--100, 2014.
- Sullivan, K.M. and J.C. Smith. Exact Algorithms for Solving a Euclidean Maximum Flow Network Interdiction Problem. Networks, 64(2), 109-124, 2014. (Winner of the 2014 Glover-Klingman Prize awarded to the best paper published in Networks.)
- Sullivan, K.M., D.T. Abdul-Malak, J.P. Kharoufeh, and R.O. Baldwin. Optimally Locating Application Virtualization Resources on a Network. Military Operations Research, 20(1):5-20, 2015.
- Heydari, M., K.M. Sullivan, and E.A. Pohl. An Exact Algorithm for Resource Allocation in Reliability Growth Testing. Under revision.
- Heydari, M., and K.M. Sullivan. An Integrated Approach to Redundancy Allocation and Test Planning for Reliability Growth. Submitted.
- Baycik, N.O., and K.M. Sullivan. Robust Location of Transparent Interdictions on a Shortest Path Network. In progress (anticipated September 2016 submission).
- Heydari, M., and K.M. Sullivan. Robust Allocation of Testing Resources in Reliability Growth. In progress (anticipated November 2016 submission).
- Magagnotti, M., K.M. Sullivan, and S.J. Mason. Improving Supply Chain Robustness through Acquisition: A Multi-Objective Approach. In progress (anticipated December 2016 submission).
- Wong, A.H., K.M. Sullivan, and E.A. Pohl. 50 Years of Reliability Growth Modeling: A Survey of the Literature. In progress (anticipated December 2016 submission).
student authors in bold
- 2014 Glover-Klingman Prize (best paper published in Networks)